It is not at all uncommon for individuals to experience sore gums, swollen gums, or bleeding gums at least once in their lifetime. If you are reading this, chances are, you have either experienced one or more of these complications or, you are currently experience one or more of these problems. The good news is, there are several measures that may be taken to prevent soreness, swelling, and bleeding of the gums. In this brief guide, you will be provided with these steps. If you are ready to experience relief – once and for all – from gum problems, simply do the following:
- First, you will want to ensure that you brush your teeth thoroughly at least two to three times daily. It is imperative that you brush with the proper technique. The next time you visit your dentist, you should ask for the proper technique for brushing to be shown to you and completely explained. While we have all been brushing our teeth all of our lives, it has been determined that nearly 90% of all people brush incorrectly. Naturally, improper brushing technique could result in pain and inflammation of the gums, as well as bleeding.
- The next step to preventing gum problems is to make certain that you floss on a daily basis. Recent studies have indicated that this may be one of the most productive steps in combatting dental problems. For instructions on how to properly floss and choosing the best dental floss, simply contact your dentist.
- If you want to treat and/or prevent gum pain, swelling, and bleeding, you should make it a point to rinse with an antiseptic mouthwash each and every single time that you brush and floss. This will aid in eliminating the bacteria that are responsible for the development of gum disease.
- It is important that you consume a large amount of water on a daily basis. Not only does water aid in optimizing your overall health, but, it has been found that, upon consumption, it helps in eliminating debris from the surfaces of the teeth, tongue, and gums.
- Finally, it is important to make certain that you are eating foods that are considered to be ideal in a well-balanced diet. You should make certain that you include foods that contain high levels of calcium, as well as Vitamin C.
Pain, swelling, and bleeding of the gums is a highly uncomfortable situation. By taking the simple steps outlined in this brief guide, you have the potential to avoid experiencing these issues. Here at Richmond Family Dentistry, we specialize in educating those in and around our community on dental health. We also have several openings for new patients. If you would like a family-friendly dentist that will make your dental care comfortable at an affordable price, simply contact us today. You may make an appointment or simply ask your questions over the phone. We are always happy to help! 765-962-3000